Critical public geoscience research
Now is a pivotal moment for clean energy transitions worldwide, with a wave of investment in clean energy taking place across a broad range of industries. This is the future for Canada and its wealth of critical resources.
The Geological Survey of Canada’s Targeted Geoscience and the Critical Minerals Geoscience and Data initiatives are enhancing the predicting and quantifying of Canada’s critical mineral resources and aiding in their discovery, understanding and responsible extraction. Find out about some of our critical science in support of resource development.
• 8:30 am – Green economies and geological research at the Geological Survey of Canada - Geneviève Marquis
• 8:50 am – Lithium exploration in glaciated terrain - Beth McClenaghan
• 9:10 am - High-resolution LiDAR digital data and development of automated (machine learning) mapping methods - Roger Paulen
• 9:30 am – Geophysical data and AI for prospectivity - Shiva Tirdad
• 9:50 am - Discussion and Conclusion
All are welcome. Registration is not required.