PDAC is committed to providing a positive experience for all participants, and expects attendees to show respect and courtesy toward one another at all official PDAC Online Convention events. At all times during the Online Convention the Registered Participant shall conduct themselves in a professional and appropriate manner and shall comply with all applicable laws, as well as all policies and rules of PDAC and the Platform. The Registered Participant shall refrain from any action that will cause disruption to the event or Platform or interfere with attendee participation at the Online Convention.
PDAC is not responsible for unofficial convention events such as spinoff/satellite events and websites hosted by organizations other than PDAC. The Registered Participant fully assumes the risk of loss, damages, injury or death that may arise upon attending ay such third party spinoff/satellite events and websites.
The Registered Participant acknowledges that PDAC operates the Convention (including the Online Convention) with the aim of creating an event-space that fosters information-sharing, dialogue and collaboration across the mineral exploration and development industry and with partners and stakeholder groups in a safe, open, non-threatening and non-violent environment and atmosphere (the “Character of the Convention”). In order to cultivate and maintain the Character of the Convention, PDAC reserves the right to take such action as it deems necessary, reasonable and/or in the best interest of the Convention to preserve the Character of the Convention, including, without limitation:
- the right to determine the eligibility of any company, product or service to attend and/or be displayed or exhibited at the Convention; and
- the right to restrict, limit, prohibit or evict any exhibitor, Registered Participant, representative, attendee, sponsor, person(s), product, exhibit, demonstration or activity which:
- detracts from or disrupts the Character of the Convention;
- causes any nuisance, disruption, barrier or distraction to the Convention and its Attendees, exhibitors and sponsors; or
- violates this Agreement and/or the 2022 PDAC Conference Sponsorship Terms, PDAC 2022 Exhibitor Terms and Conditions, PDAC 2022 Online Exhibitor Terms and Conditions and/or PDAC 2022 Terms and Conditions for Convention Attendees, as applicable.
In the event PDAC takes any of the above actions with the intent of preserving the Character of the Convention, PDAC shall not be liable to the Registered Participant or any Exhibitor (including its representatives, if applicable) for any exhibitor, membership, sponsorship, attendee or other fees, expenses or costs whatsoever incurred by the Registered Participant or any exhibitor (including its representatives, if applicable).
Violation of the Agreement may result in PDAC removing the Registered Participant from the Convention (including the Online Convention) without any recourse by the Registered Participant to PDAC for any fees, costs and expenses. PDAC may further disqualify the Registered Participant from attending or participating in any future conventions and events hosted by PDAC.
10 (a). Violation of Human Rights
PDAC supports and abides by the principles articulated in the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. We do not tolerate discriminatory treatment in any form. Examples of discriminatory treatment may include inappropriate use of language, denial of a benefit based on any enumerated ground and/or any other conduct that in any way differentiates or distinguishes attendees on the basis of any enumerated ground.
Harassment is a form of discrimination. It includes any unwanted physical or verbal behaviour that offends or humiliates you, which can occur when someone:
- makes unwelcome remarks or jokes about your race, religion, sex, age, disability or any other of the grounds of discrimination;
- threatens or intimidates you because of your race, religion, sex, age, disability or any other of the grounds of discrimination; and/or
- makes unwelcome physical contact with you, such as touching, patting, or pinching, or other unwanted physical gestures towards you.
If a Registered Participant engages in harassing behaviour, the convention organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the convention with no refund.
10 (b). Criminal Behaviour
Registered Participants shall not engage in any conduct that violates the Criminal Code of Canada, nor any other federal or provincial laws that apply in the circumstances. Such conduct may include, but is not limited to harassment, assault, sexual assault, or the improper use of controlled substances. PDAC shall immediately notify and cooperate with local authorities in the event it becomes aware of any criminal conduct at the Convention or on the Platform.
10 (c). Consequences of Unacceptable Behaviour
Unacceptable behaviour will not be tolerated. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behaviour is expected to comply immediately. If a Registered Participant engages in unacceptable behaviour, PDAC may take any action it deems appropriate, including warning or expelling the Registered Participant from the Convention and the Platform with no refund or notifying local authorities. PDAC may, in its reasonable discretion, temporarily ban or permanently expel a Registered Participant from the Convention.
If you are being harassed or subject to improper behaviour or comments, notice that someone else is being harassed or subject to improper behaviour or comments, or have any other concerns, please report the incident online at www.pdac.ca/convention/attendee‐info/code‐of‐conduct.
10(d) Other Unacceptable Behavior While Using the Platform During the Term
Registered Participants shall not engage in other unacceptable behaviour such as, but not limited to:
- Threats – implied or explicit - of any nature to the Organizers;
- Unprofessional, disrespectful, or uncooperative behaviour;
- Use of crude, offensive, vulgar, hateful and/or derogatory language or behaviour, and/or personal attacks, in any Form of Communication;
- Use of intimidation of bullying, in any Form of Communication;
- Stalking, following, or making someone feel uncomfortable, in any Form of Communication;
- Disruptions during presentations, events, or programming, in any Form of Communication, including but not limited to off-topic communications and protests;
- Interfering with other Registered Participants’ use of the Platform;
- Displaying nudity or sexual images, in any Form of Communication;
- Spamming or sending unsolicited communications for self-promotion or self-interest, in any Form of Communication;
- Tampering with the Platform technology in any way;
- Use of the Platform for any illegal purposes;
- Sharing individual Platform access with unauthorized and/or unregistered individuals or groups;
- Plagiarism or intellectual property infringement;
- Decompiling or reverse engineering any PDAC, exhibitor, or Platform products or services;
- Soliciting business or self-promotion in any Form of Communication when it is not the intended purpose of the Form of Communication or programming;
- Taking screen shots and/or audio or video recordings of people or presentations within the Platform without the person or people’s explicit verbal or written consent; and
- Distributing, reproducing, selling, publishing, or transmitting in any way Content from the Platform without the approval of the author and/or PDAC.
All Content distributed by a Registered Participant who is also an Exhibitor must be confined to the Exhibitor’s exhibit booth. Any promotional materials distributed outside of the Exhibitor’s booth, in public forums, networking spaces, chat, etc., will be removed immediately. Registered participants are prohibited from soliciting in presentations or in another exhibitor’s booth. PDAC has the right to restrict or expel any Registered Participant that, in the opinion of PDAC, is a disturbance to presentations or other exhibitors including soliciting, distribution of promotional materials, personal conduct, and methods of operation. Please see the PDAC 2022 Online Exhibitor Terms and Conditions for more details.
10 (e). Reporting
If you witness, or are subject to, unacceptable behavior on the Convention Platform, or have any other general safety concerns, please report the incident to PDAC directly using our secure website or dedicated hotline. Visit www.pdac.ca/convention/attendee‐info/code‐of‐conduct to report an incident.
10(f) Dress Code
We encourage the following dress code with the understanding that Registered Participants may be on camera during the course of Convention. All Registered Participants are encouraged to wear comfortable yet appropriate attire for the situation, whether for education, business, meeting, or social functions. Recommended attire is business or business casual. Registered Participants may contact PDAC for clarification on the appropriate dress code, if necessary.