Toronto, February 25, 2019: The Prospectors & Developers Association of Canada’s (PDAC) 2019 Convention—the world’s premier mineral exploration and mining event—will commence this weekend in Toronto, marking its 87th year.
Toronto is a major beneficiary of the PDAC Convention, injecting upwards of $70 million into its economy annually.
PDAC President Glenn Mullan looks forward to welcoming the sector back to the Metro Toronto Convention Centre (MTCC), where more than 25,000 attendees from 135 countries attended in 2018.
“The PDAC Convention is the industry’s largest and most identifiable annual event” says Mullan. “It provides mineral and mining professionals, investors, analysts, geologists, executives, government officials and students access to cutting-edge programming, short courses, presentations and networking opportunities.”
“The four-day convention will feature more than 550 speakers, allowing attendees access to the latest trends, investment opportunities and technologies that are emerging and influencing the sector,” adds Mullan.
PDAC 2019 Convention highlights and attractions include:
- Keynote Session: The next generation
- Aboriginal Program, Capital Markets Program, Geoscience Data Forum, Sustainability Program and Technical Program.
- The Mineral Outlook Luncheon, featuring Julian Kettle, Vice Chairman of Metals and Mining,
Wood Mackenzie, discusses the possibility of metal shortages due to lack of investment in the mining industry.
- Tristar Gold’s 3D Holographic Pyramid Display.
- RNC Minerals displays one of the richest gold veins ever discovered, yielding more than 25,000 ounces.
- The International Mines Ministers Summit brings Mines Ministers from around the world together in an important setting to explore challenges and opportunities for fourth year in a row.
The PDAC 2019 Convention takes place March 3-6 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. Watch the video or visit www.pdac.ca/convention for more information.