Call for nominations to Board of Directors
PDAC’s Board of Directors is responsible for the overall governance and stewardship of the association and represents the full spectrum of professions making up the minerals industry. Directors are elected by the membership and announced at the Annual General Meeting in March.
There are ten (10) seats available, eight (8) of which will be three-year terms and two (2) of which will be a one-year term.
Members are encouraged to review the current Board composition and Association priorities when considering a nomination.
The following nominating rules apply:
- Nominations must be delivered to the PDAC no later than November 15, 2020.
- Each nomination must be supported by ten (10) PDAC members in good standing.
- Each individual being nominated must:
- Be a PDAC member in good standing for a minimum of five (5) consecutive years or served for a minimum of three (3) consecutive years on a PDAC Committee;
- Consent in writing to serve as a director.
- Complete a Nominee Information Form. This must include: profession, title and employer, duration of PDAC membership, current and former PDAC board and committee involvement, other mining industry membership and involvement, mining industry experience, volunteer leadership (in the mining industry and/or elsewhere), maximum 200 word biography, maximum 150 word election statement. Nominees should note that this information may be shared with PDAC’s membership as a whole if there is an election.
Nominating & Voting Procedure for New and Incumbent Directors
Nominator Support Form
Nominations should be addressed to:
Prospectors & Developers Association of Canada
Email: [email protected]
- Each submission must include the nominee application form, nominee support form from each of the ten PDAC members in good standing. Please email the complete nomination package, including 10 signed nominee support forms to [email protected] attn.: Andrea Murdoch no later than November 15, 2020.