PDAC advocates for federal, provincial and territorial governments to put in place an enabling environment for companies to responsibly discover and develop deposits of the minerals and metals that make modern life possible.
Throughout the year, PDAC undertakes advocacy work to:
- Secure public investments in geoscience and discovery innovation to improve knowledge of Canada’s landmass and support more efficient exploration targeting.
- Ensure mineral potential is factored into land withdrawal processes in a systematic manner.
- Address the high costs of remote exploration and mining through fiscal policy and infrastructure investments.
- Improve the credibility and efficiency of the federal environmental assessment regime.
- Support the Government of Canada’s efforts to improve the social, environmental and health and safety performance of the industry, both at home and abroad.
- Improve the Crown’s implementation of its constitutional duty to consult and accommodate Aboriginal people.
Two key venues for PDAC advocacy include the annual federal budget and the annual Energy and Mines Ministers Conference.