Call for abstracts
Do you have a technical, policy or academic abstract you’d like to share with a global audience? Then apply to present your findings during the Exploration Insights session at PDAC 2017!
Exploration Insights will be a high-profile venue for speakers who wish to present topical subjects at the Convention in a forum outside the themed Technical Sessions.
All interested individuals, including academics and graduate students, are welcome to apply. The abstract themes chosen for presentation vary from year to year. Presentations of a company promotional nature are not appropriate for this forum.
The Exploration Insights selection committee strongly encourages the submission of abstracts on the following topics:
- New concepts and technical developments in exploration
- New uses and technical advancements for individual commodities
- Creative ideas for the retention of knowledgeable technical staff in the face of exploration and mining staff reductions due to cyclic industry downturns
- Exploration properties of merit (their recent exploration and development history)
- Mineral deposit case histories describing mineralization, alteration and discussions on how and where deposits are formed
- Examples of innovation applied to exploration problems
- Case histories dealing with land use issues inside and outside of Canada
- Case histories dealing with exploration health and safety
Exploration Insights presentation opportunities are 25 minutes in length. Microsoft PowerPoint presentations are to be sent in advance of Convention (as they are preloaded onto a master AV system). Audio visual technicians will be available for onsite assistance.
Selected presentations will be listed on the PDAC website, in the Convention Program and on onsite signage. There is no fee to participate. The presenting author is responsible for convention registration and securing a hotel room if required.
Please submit an abstract (maximum 400 words) using the online application form. Applications submitted by alternate means will be disregarded. Submissions will be judged solely on the quality and content of the abstract submitted.
Deadline for submissions is Monday, October 31, 2016 at 5:00 pm EDT. Space is limited. Applicants will be notified regarding the status of their submission in December 2016.
For more information contact Andrea George, firstname.lastname@example.org or 416 362 1969 ext. 238.